As the name suggests, Microsoft Outlook server error 550 occurs on your device due to some glitch present in the server of Microsoft Outlook. If you have not enabled the authentication on the Outgoing server, then you can encounter this error.
Well, as you are aware of the root cause of this error, now, let’s see the fixes to overcome this error.
How to Resolve Microsoft Outlook Server Error 550
Mentioned below are some effective steps, which you can utilize to resolve this error 550 on Outlook. Hopefully, after applying these methods, you’ll easily be able to fix this issue on MS Outlook.
You can enable authentication of the outgoing server, in order to resolve this error. In such cases, try to follow these steps:
- First of all, navigate to Outlook.
- After that, click on “Tools”.
- Once you click on “Tool”, you will see a popup appearing on your screen.
- Next, choose the “Account Settings” option.
- After clicking on the Account settings option, a new window will appear on the screen. Click on “Change”.
- Now, you need to locate “More Settings” and click on that option.
- After that, you will find a little window will appear on the screen. Click on “Outgoing Server”.
- Now, make sure that the option against, “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” is checked and then click on the Ok button to continue.
- Now, you need to restart Outlook and try to send the email again.
Microsoft Outlook 2002 on Windows:
In case, you are using Outlook 2002 on Windows, follow these steps:
- Firstly, navigate to the Tools and go to E-mail Accounts
- After that, click on View or change email accounts.
- Now, tap on More settings.
- Once you are done with these steps, you need to click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- After that, click on the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox”, to check it.
- Now, click on the radio button, against ”Use same settings as my Incoming Mail Server”.
- Next, click on OK and click on next.
- Tap on the Finish button in order to finish the task.
This is all about how to fix Microsoft Outlook server error 550 and restore the effective performance of Outlook on your device. These methods can easily be implemented on the device to eliminate Microsoft Outlook server error 550. So, follow the steps carefully until you reach the solution.
After performing these steps, if you see this error still persists, you can connect with an expert who can help you further.