Yahoo has been marked as the favorite email service for a large number of people in this world. Moreover, you can use Yahoo to exchange essential data with your clients.
Yahoo works well with iOS devices. Though Yahoo is popular for its efficiency and exceptional performance, users are encountering issues with this application.
Yahoo mail not working is the most frequent issue that is bothering Yahoo users. If you are struggling with this issue, then get it fixed by the solutions discussed in this article.
Instant Fixes for Yahoo Mail Not Working
Start with the first one and then move the remaining methods to find a suitable solution for your issue. The same set of solutions will perfectly work for Yahoo mail not working on Android as well.
Take a thorough look at the solutions provided and implement them accordingly.
Solution 1: Fix Connection Errors
Yahoo mail won’t open if your device is having network connectivity issues. Thus, you need to check the internet connection and change the network if necessary.
If you are using a router to access the internet, then bring the router within the range of your device. Otherwise, the device won’t be able to access the particular network.
In case the network in which your device is connected has some issues, then shift to another network. If you are using cellular data, then ensure that it is sufficient to support Yahoo mail.
Sometimes the Yahoo mail server is temporarily down or under maintenance. As a result, Yahoo mail is not working on your device. In this case, you will need to wait until the server is available.
Solution 2: Open Yahoo Mail in Another Browser
Yahoo mail might fail to work in an older version of the browser that you are using. So, launch another browser and see whether Yahoo works in it or not.
If Yahoo works correctly, then it was a browser issue. Hence, update the browser and try to fix the issue by the following the given steps:
- Open Chrome browser and click the Menu icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click ‘Help’ and select ‘About Google Chrome’ to let Chrome automatically search for an available update.
- If Chrome finds an update, then it will display the ‘Update Google Chrome’ option.
- Select the option to install the available update for Chrome.
- You won’t find the option if you are already running an updated version of Chrome.
- In that case, click the ‘Relaunch’ button to reopen Chrome to apply the update automatically.
- Launch the Firefox browser and click the three vertical lines located at the top-right corner of the window.
- Go to ‘Help’ and select ‘About Firefox.’
- The ‘About Mozilla Firefox’ window opens and Firefox starts checking for any available updates.
- If any updates are pending, then Firefox downloads and installs them automatically.
- After updating Firefox, open a new tab in Firefox and open your Yahoo account.
- Hopefully, Yahoo will work correctly in this updated browser.
Solution 3: Use Another Device
Try to access your Yahoo account in another device like laptop, desktop, or iPhone. If Yahoo works correctly on the new device, then the previous device was unable to support this application.
Thus, access your Yahoo account from the new device only.
Solution 4: Update the iOS
Yahoo might fail to perform its activities if your device lacks an updated iOS. So, follow the steps given below to update the iOS installed on your device.
- First, you need an updated version of iTunes to proceed with the remaining steps.
- Then, connect your device to a PC via a USB cable and launch iTunes.
- Select your device and click on the summary option to verify whether an update is available or not.
- If you find an update, then tap the ‘Download’ button next to it to update your iOS.
- If prompted, the enter the passcode you have set for your device.
- After completing the update, open Yahoo mail to ensure that you have solved the issue.
Solution 5: Update Yahoo Mail
It is essential to update Yahoo mail whenever an update is available. Otherwise, the application won’t be able to refresh its internal system for flawless operations.
If your Yahoo mail requires an update then go by the following steps:
- Open the Play Store on your iOS device and navigate to the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- Then, look for Yahoo Mail among the list of applications installed on your device and tap on the ‘Update’ button next to it.
- You won’t find the ‘Update’ option if you are already running the latest version of Yahoo Mail.
- Thus, you will need to skip this solution and move to the next one.
- If you are updating Yahoo mail, then finish the update and reopen the Mail to ensure that you have resolved the issue.
Solution 6: Work on the SMTP Server
You can resolve the Yahoo mail issue by working on the SMTP server. Here are the steps for how to enable the SMTP server.
- Open the Settings app on your device and navigate to the ‘Accounts and Passwords’ section.
- Then, click on the ‘Outgoing mail server SMTP’ and scroll down the list of SMTP servers.
- Locate the hostname ‘smtp.mail.yahoo.com’ and select it.
- If asked, then enter your full username and password to set the SMTP port to 465.
- Click ‘Yes’ on the SSL popup and tap the ‘Finish’ button to complete the process.
Solution 7: Reset Your Yahoo Account
Reset your Yahoo account if the problem has started just after changing your old number. Note, that this solution applies to Android users only.
- Open any browser, access Yahoo mail and sign in to your account.
- Now, move to the ‘Profile Name’ and click ‘Account Info’ from the submenu.
- Then, click ‘Account security’ and select ‘Phone Number’ option.
- Tap the ‘Add recovery phone number’ button and enter your new phone number.
- Click on the ‘SMS’ button and wait to receive an Account key on your phone.
- Enter the account key in the relevant field and hit the ‘Verify’ button.
- Yahoo will verify your mobile number and fix the issue successfully.
Solution 8: Remove and Re-add Your Yahoo Mail Account
Use this solution to configure the settings of your Yahoo account correctly. Remove your account right away from your device and then add it again to reset the incorrect settings.
We have discussed below how to carry on this solution.
- Go to Settings and navigate to the ‘Accounts and Passwords’ section.
- Now, click your Yahoo mail account and select the ‘Delete Account’ option.
- After removing your Yahoo mail account from your iOS application, you will need to add back the account.
- Go back to the Settings app and expand the ‘Accounts and Password’ section.
- Tap the ‘Add Account’ button and select the Yahoo option.
- Provide your email address as well as password and click the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Finally, tap the ‘Save’ button to configure your Yahoo account with your device.
- Restart the device and sign in to your Yahoo mail account to do your work.
Hope, you are clear with how to handle ‘Yahoo mail not working’ issue at your fingertips.
If you feel, then you can provide your feedback in the comment section below. The same goes for any queries regarding this piece of article.