While you are trying to access the Gmail, you might get stuck with the unexpected error message, “Gmail Error #76997”. Moreover, you can face this annoying issue if you try to send a common Gmail to multiple contacts or within a group.
Most of the time, the message sendings got failed and shows Server Error on the display. However, to enhance Gmail’s performance and mitigate this critical issue, you can go through the entire content and fix them respectively.
Resolve the Gmail Error with Significant Ways:
There are lots of technical ways that you can use to mitigate the Gmail server error effectively. So, you might try with the following steps and it will be helpful to fix the error easily.
Method 1: Clear the Browser Cache
If the browser cache is full of data, then you can encounter the Gmail server problem and getting the error codes on the screen.
So, make the cache empty and fix the Gmail server error very easily.
Here are the steps to do so:
- Double-tap on the Google Chrome icon and launch the Chrome window on the screen.
- Now, click on the Control and Customize button (three-dotted icons) at the top-right corner of the window.
- After that, click on the More Tools from the drop-down list and tap on Clear Browsing Dat from the list.
- Here, you can see a queue of applications that are already installed for your system. Select the items that you want to remove one by one.
- Then, tap the Clear the browsed Data from the same window and close the page.
- Finally, refresh the window and restart the browser to launch the Gmail window to verify whether the Gmail error persists or not.
Method 2: Disable Chrome Plugins
Some problematic extensions create a barrier to launch the Gmail app. So, you need to disable them accordingly.
- Open a new tab in Google Chrome by tapping the “+” icon.
- Now, type the URL “://extensions/” in the address bar and press the Enter key from the keyboard.
- You can see a list of extensions that are already added to your browser.
- Select those apps and uninstall those unnecessarily installed plugins from your browser.
- Finally, close the browser window and try to log in the Gmail account to verify whether the Gmail Error #76997 still persists or not.
In this way, you can fix the Gmail Server error and it is the best way to resolve the Gmail 502 Server error quickly.
Method 3: Perform a Clean Boot
If the cache is full of junk files, then the one and the only way to get rid of the Gami server error is to perform a clean boot.
Now, perform the steps that are mentioned underneath:
- First, click on the Start button and type “MSConfig” in the Cortana Search box. Open the System Configuration window by pressing the Enter key.
- Click on the Services tab and tap the checkbox says, “Hide all Microsoft services “ and press Disable All button.
- Now, tap on the Open Task Manager from the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box.
- Next, choose the items one after another and click Disable to turn it off. After that, close the Task Manager window.
- After that, click on the OK button from the same window and when done, restart the system in Normal Mode.
- Finally, close all the tabs and try to launch the Gmail app to verify whether the Gmail error appears on the screen or not.
Method 4: Enable the Gmail Labs
- First, open the Gmail account by using the correct Gmail credentials.
- Now, click on the Gear icon (Settings app) from the upper-right corner of the Gmail window.
- Tap on the Labs tab from the Settings windows and enable the Available Labs effectively.
- After that, click on the Save Changes button and confirm the Labs enabling process.
- Finally, try to log in the Gmail app again and resole the Gmail app error quickly.
Method 5: Scan the System and Remove Malware
If the system files are corrupted by malicious software, then you must run the system security software and disable them accordingly.
- First, download antivirus software from a trust-worthy website and save the downloaded file on your system.
- Now, install it with the latest version by running the executable file.
- After that, launch the antivirus software and click on the Scan tab or choose Scan for Virus option from that window.
- Next, select either Full Scan or Quick Scan as per your convenience and hit the Enter key to run it.
- The entire process will take several minutes and once done, try to reboot the system in Normal Mode.
- Finally, try to launch the Gmail app and check whether it is working or not.
Method 6: Disable Labs
You can deactivate the Gmail Labs feature one at a time and overcome the Gamil error very quickly.
- Launch the Gmail app and click on the Settings from the upper-right corner of the window.
- Tap on the Labs tab and right-click on the labs that you want to enable. Choose Disable from the context menu.
- Finally, click on the Save Changes and close the window. Now, try to launch the Gmail app and verify whether the server error #76997 Gmail got resolved or not.
However, it is very difficult if you are not a tech-savvy person and in that case, you must consult with an experienced Technician for reliable help.
Method 7: Discover a Contact Group
If you create a contact group and then include the Gmail to avoid the Gmail Error #76997.
- Turn on the system and navigate to the Google Contacts.
- After that, go to the Labels and tap on the Create Label from the Labels page.
- Now, type a name and then tap the OK button to save the new changes.
- Finally, try to launch the Gmail app and check whether the problem got fixed or not.
Method 8: Update the Browser
If the browser version is not compatible with the Gmail version and you are a user of an older version, then upgrade the browser to avoid this problem very quickly.
- First, double-tap on the browser icon and launch the Browser window on the screen.
- Now, choose the Control and Customize button (three-dotted button) at the right corner of the address bar.
- After that, click on the Help from the drop-down list and choose the About Chrome browser option.
- Here, you can see a list of updates if available any and your system will start to update the browser automatically.
- The update process will take a few minutes to install the latest version of the browser. When done, try to launch the browser and try to log in the Gmail Account to fix this annoying issue confidently.
Wrapping It Up…
In this article, we have discussed the effective methods to mitigate the Gmail error #76997. Moreover, the above solutions help you to fix this problem immediately. Besides this, we have defined the reasons that are responsible for creating this flaw.
So, we hope this content will be helpful to overcome this error effectively. However, you can connect with our Technical Team for further technical help and can avail of an immediate helping hand to avoid this problem.