The Outlook error 0x800ccc1a can show up if there is an error in synchronization of both the incoming and outgoing servers. The full message of this error reads as:
Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified….
There can be several reasons as to why this error occurs after all. Some of the most common causes include some kind of interference with the antivirus program you are using or some corrupt system files.
Further, if the settings of ports are not properly configured, then also you can meet with this issue. Moreover, if the Outlook profile gets damaged, then also you can face this issue.
Here, we have provided a complete list of solutions to fix this error. So, read on and apply the fixes to get rid of this error quickly and effectively.
Solutions to Solve the Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a
In this section of the article, there will several methods which will help you to resolve the error 0x800ccc1a on Outlook.
Method 1: Configure the Outlook Application Once Again
If the Outlook application is not configured in the correct way, then there is a possibility for you to face this problem. The effective solution to rectify this issue is to correctly configure the Outlook application. Here are the steps you can follow to do that.
- First, open the computer then from the desktop, locate and choose the ‘Microsoft Outlook’ application.
- When the Outlook application window opens, navigate to the menubar and choose the ‘File’ menu. As soon as you click on that menu, a drop-down list will appear.
- From that list, locate and then choose the ‘Info’ option. After that, from a new page that comes up, find and then select the ‘Account Settings’ option.
- As soon as you do that, a new window with a name ‘Email Account’ will come up. Next, on that window, choose a specific email and then tap on the ‘Change’ button.
- Now, click on the ‘More Settings’ button. Then, choose the ‘Advanced’ tab from the ‘Internet Email settings’ window.
- Under that tab, locate and then untick the ‘This server requires an encrypted connection(SSL) option within the heading ‘Incoming server’
- Now, click on the ‘OK’ then ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’ buttons one after another.
- Finally, quit and then restart the ‘Microsoft Outlook’ application.
Method 2: Alter the Ports of Outlook
Sometimes, if ports of the Outlook application gets corrupted or wrongly configured, then you can face this issue. Now, the simple way to resolve this issue is to set the ports of the Outlook application correctly.
In order to do it in a proper way, follow these steps presented underneath.
- First, navigate to the ‘Account Settings’ option by following the first, second and third steps of ‘Method 1’.
- Next, locate and then choose your Email account. After that, select the ‘Change’ button.
- Then, tap on the ‘More Settings’ button. As soon as you do that, a new ‘Internet Email Settings’ window will come up.
- Inside that window, locate and then tap on the ‘Advanced’ tab. Inside this tab, go to the ‘Server Port Numbers’ section.
- Within that section, go to the IMAP and SMTP fields and then enter the following port numbers 933 and 587 respectively.
- Now, from the drop-down menu after the label ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection:’ on the IMAP, choose the ‘SSL/TLS’ option. Next, on the label ‘Outgoing server’, choose the ‘STARTTLS’ option from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button and then start the Outlook application once again.
Method 3: Repair Outlook PST File
If the Outlook PST file somehow gets corrupted, then due to that reason you can face the send receive error 0x800ccc1a on Outlook. The best solution that you have in order to eradicate this problem is to repair the corrupted PST file of the Outlook application.
Follow the steps below to do that.
- First, within the taskbar, locate and then click on the ‘File Explorer’ directory. Now, within this folder, go to the address bar and type in the following path – “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12”. Then, press the ‘Enter’ button to get into the final folder.
- Next, within the ‘Office 12’ folder, locate and then double-click on the ‘scanpst.exe’ file. As soon as that file executes, a new ‘Microsoft Office Outlook Inbox Repair Tool’ will come up.
- Now, within that window, search for a corrupted file with ‘.pst’ extension and select the same. Once the search is complete, tap on the ‘Start’ button.
- After that, tap on the ‘Repair’ button to repair any problems found within the PST file. Wait for the repair process to complete.
- Once the repair procedure is complete, the error that has been rectified will be shown on the window.
- At last, close the repair window and start the Outlook application and see if this error is resolved or not.
Method 4: Remove the Antivirus Software
Sometimes, if the antivirus that is installed on your computer interferes with the proper functioning of the Microsoft Outlook application, then you can meet with this glitch.
The best possible answer to rectify this issue is to remove the security software. To do that easily, follow the steps provided underneath.
- First, tap on the combination of keys ‘Windows + R’ simultaneously. This action will open up a new dialog box with the name ‘Run’.
- Next, within that dialog box, write the text ‘control panel’ on the blank area beside the label ‘Open:’. Next, tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, a new window with the name ‘Control Panel’ will come up. Within that window, there will be all the setting categories for the computer, which you can change at your will.
- After that, out of all the setting categories, select the one that says ‘Programs’. Now, a new page with the name ‘Programs’ will come up.
- Inside that window, choose the ‘Programs and Features’ option. This will launch another window that contains all the applications installed within the computer on a list.
- From that list, locate and then choose the security software. After that, right-click on the chosen software and then tap on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- As soon as you do that, a new ‘Uninstaller’ window specific to the security software will open up. Now, within that window, follow the information that comes up on the window and then accordingly choose the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Wait for the removal process to get over and then restart the machine.
In order to mitigate the Outlook error 0x800ccc1a easily, you need to follow the methods given above, carefully and minutely. However, if even after following all the steps and procedure provided, you are unable to resolve this issue, then do not worry a bit.
Just provide the details of your query in the comment section below and get your queries answered by a professional.