Outlook users often face the error code 0x800ccc67 while trying to send an email. It indicates that the email that you wish to send could not be sent and instead keeps showing the error message “An unknown error has occurred”.
Most of the time SMTP protocol trigger this error. If you are struggling with the same error, then this article can help you to troubleshoot the Outlook error 0x800ccc67.
In this guide, we are going to describe effective hacks which can help you to troubleshoot this error. Hence, you are recommended to take a glance at the guide discussed below. So, let’s start.
Easy Tips and Tricks to Fix the Outlook Sending Error 0x800ccc67
There are various methods to fix the error code 0x800ccc67. Here, in this solution section, you get to learn the best-suited procedures. You should perform all the methods one-by-one and check which one is appropriate for you.
Method 1: Repair the Registry Files
Due to the corrupted registry files, you can face the error code 0x800CCC67. Hence, you can fix this error by editing the registry files of the system. To perform this you need to implement the steps as follows:
- First, navigate to the Start menu.
- Type “command” in the search bar and hit the Enter key from the keyboard by holding the Ctrl and Shift keys simultaneously.
- Now, it will prompt a dialog box. Tap on the Yes button.
- After that, you will see a command box. Type “regedit” and press the Enter to proceed further.
- On the next page, you should choose the registry key that is related to the error code 0x800CCC67.
- Navigate to the File menu and tap on the ‘Export’ option.
- Go to the Save In list and choose the folder where you wish to save the MS Outlook backup registry key.
- Under the File Name box, you have to enter your desired name (such as, “MS Outlook backup).
- Now, you have to make sure that the ‘Selected branch’ box is checked under the Export Range box.
- Now, tap on the Save button.
- After that, you will see that the backup file saved with the ‘.reg’ extension.
Now, you should check whether the error has been fixed. Else, you can perform the further solutions stated below.
Method 2: Disable the Third-party Antivirus
We often use a third-party antivirus program to protect the system from any unwanted attack. Sometimes, the third-party antivirus also might be the reason behind this error.
Hence, you should disable this to check if it can solve the issue. To do so, perform the steps mentioned below:
- First, navigate to the system tray of the taskbar and tap on the antivirus icon.
Note: If you are unable to locate the antivirus icon, then you should find it from the hidden icon of the system tray. Tap on the upper arrow.
- Now, right-click on the antivirus icon.
- Choose the Disable option from the list.
After disabling the antivirus, if you see that the issue persists, then you should enable the antivirus by following the same procedure. Then, go to the further procedures provided below.
Method 3: Run the SFC or System File Checker
System File Checker is an in-built tool of Windows Operating System that helps the users to scan the entire system and to fix the corrupted system files. Hence, you should try to run the SFC scanner to fix this error.
How to Run System File Checker?
- In the beginning, bring up the Start menu.
- Then, type “command prompt” in the search bar.
- As a result, it will show you the ‘Command Prompt’ option at the top of the result.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the list. It will invoke the Command Prompt window with admin privilege.
- Now, you have to type the command “sfc/scannow” on the command line.
- Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to execute the command.
- Now, it will start to scan the entire system for the damaged system files. It will also fix the corrupted system files by itself. Hence, you have to wait for a few seconds.
- Exit from the Command Prompt window and restart the system to apply the changes.
Now, you should check whether the issue has been resolved. Else, you can go to the next solution stated below.
Method 4: Remove the Add-ins of MS Outlook
Add-ins also can create several Outlook errors. Hence, by turning off the add-ins, you can solve the error code 0x800ccc67.
Here are the steps you should follow to perform this:
- In the beginning, right-click on the shortcut icon of Outlook and choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option to invoke the Outlook with admin privilege.
- Go to the File section. Then, tap on the Options. It will navigate you to the Outlook Options window.
- Tap on the Add-ins button. It will show you the Add-in options of the browser.
- Click on the Manage drop-down button and choose the ‘COM Add-in’ option from the next page. Tap on the Go option.
- On the next page, you will see a list of the add-ins.
- Now, you can remove the add-ins by choosing the checkbox and clicking on the Remove button.
- Else, you can also deselect the checkboxes to disable the add-ins.
- Next, tap on the OK button and exit from the current window.
Now, you should check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If the issue still occurs, then you should try to create a new Outlook account.
Method 5: Create a New Outlook Account
Sometimes, the error code 0x800ccc67 also might arise due to the corrupted Outlook profile. In that case, by setting up a fresh new Outlook account, you can easily solve this error.
How to Set up a New Outlook Profile?
- In the beginning, bring up the Start menu.
- Then, type “control panel” in the search bar and tap on the Control Panel.
- Tap on the ‘Mail 32-bit’ option to navigate to the Mail window.
- Tap on the ‘Show Profiles’ option and click on the Add button from the Mail pop-up box to create a new Outlook account.
- After creating a new account, tap on the ‘Always use this profile radio’ option from the Mail window.
- Tap on the drop-down menu and choose the new profile.
- Tap on the OK button.
After applying the above steps, if you are still unable to send the email, then you should continue with the next solution.
Method 6: Fix Corrupted PST Files Using the Inbox Repair Tool
If all the above hacks don’t provide your desired result, then you should try to fix the corrupted PST data files as your last resort.
Outlook comes with an Inbox Repair Tool, or Scanpst.exe to repair the PST files. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- If you are not sure where the PST file is located on the hard drive, then you should check the path by going to the Mail setup window.
- Now, go to the Start menu and launch the Control Panel. Tap on the ‘Mail 32-bit’ option. It will navigate you to the Mail setup Settings.
- Next, tap on the ‘Show Profiles’ option.
- Choose the Outlook profile that you wish to solve.
- Navigate to the Data Files tab that contains the Outlook data file path.
- Exit from the Mail window and launch the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool by typing ‘Scanpst.exe’ in the search field of the Start menu.
- Tap on the Browse button to choose the PST file.
- Click on the Start button to start scanning.
After completing the scanning procedure, you should try to send an email to check whether the issue has been resolved.
In this guide, we have provided some simple hacks to get rid of the Outlook error 0x800ccc67. We are hopeful if you properly implement the above procedures in their given order, then it will surely assist you to fix this error.
But still, if you face any kind of trouble while implementing the above methods, then you can contact a tech expert. In addition, you can share your valuable feedback and doubts through the comment box given at the end of this discussion.