If you are not much familiar with the Outlook environment, don’t worry. You can synchronize your Gmail account to your Outlook account. However, if you are unaware of how to add Gmail to Outlook, let this article guide you.
Here we have listed the steps, performing which you will be able to add Gmail to Outlook. So, go through the steps, perform them accordingly and add Gmail to Outlook without any hassle.
How to Add Gmail to Outlook
Mentioned below are some effective workarounds which you can use to add Gmail to Outlook. The steps will be different as per the Outlook version you are using.
In Outlook 365
If you are using Outlook 365, try to follow these steps:
- In Outlook, choose File. After that, click on Add Account. Next, you need to navigate to the E-mail Address for your Gmail account and choose Connect.
- After that, navigate to the Gmail account.
- Next, you need to choose your profile image and then navigate to My Account.
- Now, go to the Sign-in & security.
- After that, scroll down to the Signing into Google.
- Now, choose 2-Step Verification. Once complete, choose App passwords.
- Next, provide your Gmail password and on the drop-down, select App, Mail, and your Device you want the email to go to.
- Next, choose Generate.
- Now, you will find a new code is generated, make a copy of it.
- After that, return to Outlook and paste the code in the box provided.
- Choose Connect.
In Case of Outlook 2016
In case, you are using Outlook 2016, try these steps:
- First of all, login to the Gmail account and navigate to the settings page with the little gear button.
- After that, click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and make sure that IMAP is enabled.
- Now, click on the Save Changes option. Next, open Outlook 2016 and navigate to the File tab.
- Then click on the Add Account button situated just above the Account Settings button.
- After that, you need to choose the Manual setup or additional server types.
- Now, on the Choose Your Account Type, choose “POP or IMAP”.
- After that, add the user information and the host server information, listed below.
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
- After that, add the login information.
- Now, navigate to the More settings and choose the Outgoing server tab.
- Make the box be checked against, My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Now, choose the radio button which is situated next to the Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- In the same window, try to verify these options as below.
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465 or 587
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS or Auto
- Now, tap on the Ok button.
- Click on Next button.
- In case, you have entered all the values correctly, the testing tasks will be completed successfully.
- Now, you can close the window and tap on Next button. You will get the “You’re all set!” message. Next, click on Finish.
- After that, you will be able to check your email and “subscribe” to IMAP mailbox folders using Outlook 2016.
In this way, you will be able to connect your Gmail to Outlook 2016. In case, you are using the 2010 version, follow the next method.
How to Add Gmail to outlook 2010
Here are some steps, which you can utilize to add Gmail to Outlook. On that note, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, in the Outlook, click on File and go to the Info button.
- Now, click on Add Account.
- When you notice the account setup window appears, click on the email account bullet and provide your Gmail account credentials. Which are, Your Name, E-mail Address, Password. After providing this information, click on Next.
- After that, type in the credentials of the Gmail account.
- Now, you need to wait for some time. In this interval, Outlook 2010 will start detecting all of the settings which are needed to connect to Gmail. So, wait for some time.
- Once your IMAP email account is configured, click on the Finish button.
- Now, you will have complete access to Gmail via IMAP/SMTP within Outlook. You can also confirm it by going back to the File.
- Next, go to the Info menu and click on the drop-down menu situated below the Account Information. After that, you will be able to see your newly added Gmail account and the IMAP/SMTP under it.
In this way, you will be able to connect Gmail in Outlook 2010.
These are some sufficient methods, which can help you to add Gmail to Outlook and increase its workability. Try to follow the steps provided in a proper manner to complete this task. Share your thoughts with us via your valuable comments. If you require any further guidance, you can contact an expert who can help you in a better way.