Outlook error code 0x800ccc1a is a common issue that indicates that there is a synchronization problem between the outgoing and incoming servers.
While sending or receiving any email, you may notice the Outlook error on the screen. You may also see an error message that says “Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified”.
Once you get this error code, you won’t be able to use your Outlook account. This error code mainly occurs if the Outlook client application has not been updated properly. To solve this error, you need to understand its underlying reasons.
Reasons Behind Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a
This error code can occur due to various reasons including the following:
- Wrong or incorrect port
- Incorrect encryption type
- Corrupted or missing Outlook profile
- Third-party security software or Windows Firewall
- Missing PST file
To troubleshoot these issues and resolve Outlook error, let’s take a look at some effective hacks.
How To Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a
Below, we have mentioned all the possible fixes that can help you to get rid of the error 0x800ccc1a on Outlook. So, follow and implement them as instructed hereunder:
Procedure 1 – Disable the Windows Defender Firewall
If the Windows Defender Firewall is turned on, then you can come across the Outlook error code 0x800ccc1a. So, you need to disable it by following these steps:
- Press the Windows logo button and select the Control Panel.
- When you are in the Control Panel window, go to the Windows Firewall section and then select the “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off” option on the left panel.
- On the right window, mark the box next to the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall” option. Do this for both Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings.
After doing this, click on the “Save Changes” option.
Procedure 2 – Uninstall the Third-Party Antivirus
Sometimes, third-party security software can also trigger this error code on your PC. Therefore, you should remove it at the earliest. To do that follow these steps:
- Hit the Start button and click on the Settings icon.
- From the Settings window, navigate to the Apps section and select the “Apps & Features” tab.
- Look for the third-party security software, select it and click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, restart your computer. Try to send the email to check if any error code appears.
If it fails to resolve this problem, you can try another procedure.
Procedure 3 – Change the Encryption Type
According to some users, changing the encryption type can resolve the Outlook error on the device. Hence the following directions will help you:
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook. From the Outlook window, click on “File” and go to the “Info” tab.
- When the Info tab opens, click on the “Account Settings” from the menu.
- After that, click on “Change”. Thereafter, click on the “More Settings” option.
- Move to the Advanced tab and choose the SSL. After performing these steps, click on the OK button to save these changes.
Reboot your device and check if the error 0x800ccc1a is solved or not.
Procedure 4 – Repair the Outlook Client Application
Due to the corrupted Outlook client application, you can still get this error. So, you need to repair it as soon as possible. To try this hack follow these directions:
- Press the Win + X buttons to launch the WinX menu and select the Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel window opens, go to the “Programs & Features” section.
- Look for the Outlook client application, select it.
- After that, click on the “Change” option followed by the “Quick Repair” option to begin the process.
After completing the repairing process, restart the device and check if the glitch is fixed or not.
Procedure 5 – Change the Port
An incorrect configuration of ports can be the cause of Outlook error code 0x800ccc1a. So, you need to change certain ports by following these directions:
- Follow the first two steps in procedure 3 to access the Account Settings. Now choose your account.
- Thereafter, click on “Change”. Click on the “More Settings” and go to the “Advanced” tab.
- Select the SSL from the drop-down menu of the “Use the following type of encrypted connection”.
- Change the value of the port for IMAP to 993 and SMTP to 587.
- After that, change the SMTP encryption type to STARTTLS and click on the OK button.
Finally, reboot the computer and try to send an email.
Procedure 6 – Repair the PST File
For many users, this Outlook error can occur due to a corrupted or missing PST file. Therefore, you need to repair the PST file immediately. Follow the undermentioned directions to carry out this solution:
- Press the Win + E buttons together to launch the File Explorer window.
- From the File Explorer window, navigate to the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office
- Locate the SCANPST.EXE file and right-click on it. Then choose the “Run as administrator” option.
- From the scanning application, click on the Browse button and look for the .pst file that you are using.
- Thereafter, click on the Start option to begin the scanning process. After completing the scanning process if you find any problem, click on the “Repair” option.
Once the repair process is complete, restart the device and check if Outlook works properly or not.
Procedure 7 – Update the Outlook Client Application
An outdated version of the Outlook client application can be the reason why this error code appears on the computer. So, you must keep the application up to date. Let’s take a look at the steps:
- Launch the Outlook application. Click on the File tab at the top of the left menu bar.
- From the File window, click on the “Office Account” tab on the left navigation pane.
- After that, click on the “Update” option and choose the “Update Now” button from the drop-down menu.
Once the update process is over, reboot the system and check if it solves the issue.
Procedure 8 – Reinstall the Outlook Client Application
Sometimes, reinstalling the Outlook Client application can resolve the error 0x800ccc1a on your computer. Here’s how to apply this method:
- Go through the first two steps in procedure 2 and select “Apps & Features”.
- Look for the Outlook client application, select it and click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Once it is uninstalled, restart the device and then try to reinstall it.
- To install it, visit the official website of Microsoft and download the latest version of the Outlook client application.
- After downloading it, install the Outlook client correctly.
Once you are done with the installation process, reboot your PC.
Procedure 9 – Create an Outlook Account
After performing the previous procedures if the error still persists, try this procedure to get rid of the error. Here are some steps that you can try:
- Open the Control Panel, then double-click on the Mail section.
- Thereafter, click on the “Show Profiles” option.
- Select the Outlook account and click on the “Remove” option to delete it.
- After removing it, click on the “Add” button to create a new account.
- Enter the name of the account and click on the OK option.
- Once you are done with these steps, add your email account to the new Outlook account. Then try to send an email.
We hope the above-discussed procedures will help you to resolve the Outlook error 0x800ccc1a on your device.