Outlook email services have proven to be one of the best email clients for professionals. With more and more userbase, Outlook took a hit back. Hence, in some cases, you face the Outlook error while preparing to send sharing message.
This error usually occurs all of a sudden when you try to share calendars with other users in the organization.
There can be a number of reasons why this error occurs. However, we will discuss all the reasons for the issue. Moreover, in this article, you will get the methods to fix the issue easily.
Therefore, without any further delay, proceed with this article.
Reasons why this Outlook Error Occurs
- Lack of or a weak internet connection on your system
- If the Microsoft Office files are corrupted
- Any problematic Add-ins in the Outlook application
- Damaged Permissions of the Calendar folder
- In case the system’s Date and Time are incorrect
- If the Windows Firewall is blocking the Outlook services.
These are some of the causes that can easily lead to this error. However, there can be many other reasons too. However, it’s time to learn the solutions to fix the issue.
Efficient Fixes for the Outlook Calendar Error while Preparing to Send Sharing Message
Perform the following methods so that the issue can be fixed by with ease. Moreover, you have to follow all the steps to fix the issue in an efficient way.
Hence, have a look at the troubleshooting methods which are discussed below.
Method 1: Check for the Corrupted Outlook or System Files
You can try to identify the root cause of the Outlook error. Hence, you have to use the System File Checker (SFC) in order to perform the method.
- First of all, you have to close all the present instances of the Microsoft Outlook application. For this, use the Task Manager.
- Once done, click on the Start button and then type Command Prompt.
- Now, from the results, right-click on the Command Prompt option and then click on the Run As Administrator option.
- As the Command Prompt window opens, type sfc /scannow and then hit the Enter key.
- Now, you have to wait as it can take a lot of time.
- Once the command executes, restart the system.
- As the system reboots, check for the Outlook issue.
Method 2: Remove the Troubling Outlook Add-ins
Remove the corrupted Outlook Add-ins that are troubling its services from working. Removing these Outlook Add-ins will not only fix the issue but also reduce the load of the application.
- Open the Run box with the help of the Windows key and R at the same time.
- As the Run box opens, enter outlook.exe /safe and then click on the OK button.
- Now, the Microsoft Outlook application will open in Safe Mode.
- Hence, check if the issue still occurs or not. If not, then the main culprit is the add-ins.
- Hence, exit the Safe Mode. Then, open Outlook.
- Go to the Outlook Option section from the File menu.
- Click on the Add-ins from the right pane.
- After that, go to the bottom of the screen and then use the drop-down menu to select the COM Add-ins.
- Click on the Go button to continue.
- Now, find the culprit Add-ins and then click on the Remove button.
- Once done, relaunch the Outlook application to check whether the issue persists or not.
Method 3: Change the Incorrect Date and Time Settings of your System
If your system’s Date and Time settings are incorrect, then you face this issue. The Outlook application uses your system’s Date and Time in order to send the Calendar invites.
Therefore, you need to fix the Date and Time Settings:
- Open the Control Panel using the search bar of the Start menu.
- As the Control Panel window opens, navigate to Date and Time section and then to the Internet Time tab.
- After that, click on the Change Settings button and then set the Server option to time.nist.gov.
- Click on the Update Now button and then click on the OK button in order to save the changes.
- Once you are done with the process, open the Outlook application to check for the issue.
Method 4: Reinstall the Microsoft Office Suite
Some affected users have managed to get rid of the issue by reinstalling the Microsoft Office Suite. Therefore, you can also try out the steps that we have discussed here:
- Open the Run box just like in the previous methods. Now, inside the box, type appwiz.cpl and then hit the Enter key.
- Inside the Programs and Features window, scroll down the list and locate the Microsoft Office entry.
- On finding the entry, right-click on it and then click on the Uninstall option.
- Now, you have to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
- Install the latest version of the Microsoft Office Suite from its installation media.
- Once done, open the Outlook application in order to check if this Outlook error is still there or not.
Method 5: Delete all the Saved Outlook Logins Via the Windows Credential Manager
Deleting the Saved Outlook Logins with the help of the Windows Credential Manager can help you to resolve the issue easily.
- Again, open the Run box and then type control /name Microsoft.CredentialManager. After that, click on the OK button to continue.
- Inside the Windows Credential Manager window, proceed to the Manage your Credentials section.
- Under that section, click on the Windows Credentials option.
- Now, scroll down to the generic Credentials section and then remove every entry that mentions Office, Outlook or Exchange.
- Once done, restart your machine.
- As the system reboots, login into your Outlook application to check if the issue persists or not.
Method 6: Remove the Duplicate Entry
Any duplicate entry in the Calendar invites can lead to this Outlook issue. Hence, delete those entries.
- Open the Outlook application and then right-click on the User’s Calendar option.
- Then, select the Properties option. After that, click on the Permission tab.
- Now, go to the Users List and make sure that there aren’t any Duplicate Entry.
- In case there are any such entries, click on the Remove button.
- Once done, you can restart the Outlook application to check for the issue.
To Sum it up
To conclude, we have stated the best hacks that will help you fix Outlook error while preparing to send sharing message. Hence, try to perform all the given methods.
However, if still, you face the same issue, then get help from the professionals.